Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Body Shop Body Lotion


So here's the deal: I have this in "Early Harvest Raspberry" which I bought because I've never met a raspberry I didn't love. However, it's a seasonal scent that isn't available right now, so I can't link to it. That being said, you can't go wrong with any of The Body Shop's scents. I linked to the strawberry scent because I figured it's the closest to raspberry, but they also have peach, mango, and others, and they all smell delicious. Anyway, on we go...

This is a pretty heavy scent and it lasts a while. Obviously it fades over time, but I do still notice the scent the next morning and sometimes into the afternoon and evening, the day after I use it. This might bother some people, but I love it. I hate when you put on a scented product and in 15 minutes it seems to be gone. This lotion isn't overpowering, but it's definitely there, and it definitely sticks around. I'm obsessed with the raspberry (which will probably be back next summer/fall), but like I said, you can't go wrong with any of the scents. I'm partial to the peach and the mango, which are year-round scents, and they have a seasonal apple scent right now that is to die for (though apparently they don't have the apple in this exact product). I tried to buy a hand lotion in the apple last week but some lady had apparently just bought out the store. 

Anyway, this a pretty thin lotion. I like that because although my face and hands are super dry, my body isn't so bad. I use body lotion more for maintenance than treatment, and I like that this sinks in fast and isn't oily as it dries. It is super sticky when you're applying it, which I'll readily admit is extremely strange. I don't know what that's about. But after a minute or so the stickiness is gone and my skin feels moisturized but not slimy like it sometimes does with thicker creams and lotions. That being said, if you're looking for a seriously moisturizing body lotion, this is probably not the one for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment