Thursday, November 6, 2014

TOCCA Crema da Mano



Okay, so it's been a while. I've been in the process of moving - side note: Is there anything worse than moving? - and it's sort of taken over my life, but I'm in my new place now, so I have no excuse. I still have an abundance of unpacking and organizing to do, but it's slowly coming together. The one thing that is the most daunting and I am also most excited to organize is my bathroom. The new place has pretty much no bathroom storage, which is a giant pain in the short-term, but also means I won't be able to leave things out on the counter and make a giant mess in the long-term, so, yay? Anyway, I'm getting back to what I think I'll call improved normal, which means I'm going to start blogging in a much more regular manner. I'm promising to post once a week (probably Sundays going forward), with the potential for more. I'm also still playing around with what I want the blog to be, so expect some out of the ordinary posts coming up soon. Let me know what you think when they arrive. 

So here we go with another favorite: TOCCA's Crema da Mano. This was (again) a Birchbox find, and I feel like it is especially appropriate to write about now that the temperatures are starting to drop. I'm prone to dryness all the time, but especially in the fall/winter. It's only early November and already I can see my hands starting to crack. When you're dry like I am, you tend to develop very strong feelings about very boring things like hand creams, and I'm definitely in love with this one. It's moisturizing without the greasiness you get with a lot of hand creams. I keep it in my desk at work and use it a couple times a day (probably not as often as I should, but I'm trying to make the decent-sized sample I have last as long as possible). Since moving it from my purse to my desk, this is what I've learned is the mark of a good hand cream: I put it on, rub it in, go straight back to work, and don't see any greasy residue on my mouse or keyboard. This is actually really amazing to me, because even hand creams that didn't make me feel greasy in the past still looked greasy, so the fact that one that smells so good, doesn't, makes it a winner in my book.

That's right, the smell... This comes in five different scents: Cleopatra (grapefruit and cucumber), Stella (blood orange), Giulietta (pink tulip and green apple), Bianca (green tea and lemon), and Florence (bergamot and gardenia). I have Cleopatra, which I love. I think the cucumber is a little stronger than the grapefruit, but cucumber's an overwhelming scent that way. There is a nice, fruity hint from the grapefruit. I don't know what else is in there, but it's good. Yes, I need to moisturize my hands during the day, but part of the appeal of using this at work is that it smells so good it gives me a little pick-me-up in the middle of the day. Basically I smell hand cream instead of drinking coffee. Weird? Yeah, probably weird. Anyway, Cleopatra is great, but I can't wait to try Giulietta next. Tulip and apple? How can that not be amazing? 

Have you tried any of the TOCCA hand creams or any other hand creams that I should know about (seriously, you can never have too many)?

No comments:

Post a Comment